- An object oriented programming language (OOPL).
- A pure OOPL, taxed by no other extinct programming paradigm.
- A component oriented language, with first-class support for properties and events.
- A language designed to run on Microsoft .NET Framework, starting with v2.0.
- A highly concise language, apt even for notepad developers.
- A modern day descendent from the ALGOL/Pascal language family.
- The Norse Aphrodite and sundry other totally unrelated things, I guess...
These topics offer more details on the Freya programming language and its development environment: